Tuesday, May 4, 2010

paper cuts, bruised thighs, oh my

As per the title, I have a couple of non-life-threatening paper cuts on my fingers and a bruise on my thigh. My job is officially hazardous, in yet, another non-life-threatening way. I have to quickly add that statement as there are people with far more severe jobs that never know if they're going to make it home or not. But, good grief...the *$#@ paper cut won't stop bleeding. Plus it hurt like a $#@*^ when it happened.

The goings on of the world of L.A. (lower Alabama). Aside from Hurricane Oilspill that is in the gulf, not much else. Oh, and the city of Mobile is finding a solution for the 1 quadrillion dollar budget shortfall. Here at work, as I toggle back and forth between actual work and "research", I getting geared up for American Idol, a new haircut, and a pending rehearsal. Here, to offer a quick quip on the final 5 contestants of A.I. Now, you can know how I really feel.






First up is young Aaron Kelly. Somehow he has managed to fly under the radar that is known as the viewer votes. He is still here. WHY? A child he is, he needs to be worrying about prom dates, and filling out college applications. Not becoming an American Idol. His voice is good, a bit on the dull side at times. Watching him sing makes me cringe at best, because he seems ill-fitted for the songs he chooses and he knows that. At his young age, he can't hardly sing about being in love with someone, can he?





Next up is Casey James aka "Beautiful Blonde Boy." He has failed miserably in his attempt to woo my vote over. His beautiful blonde locks are about the only he thing he has going for him. Week after week, his performances have sounded the same. Yet, coincidently, week after week, he tells the judges "just wait, I've got something up my sleeve for next week." I'm still waiting.
"Oh, look at me, I am soooooooo beautiful, who cares if I can really sing or perform or really do any kind of entertaining blah blah blah."







Lee DeWyze. You're a funny thing, aren't you? One minute, you're this shy kid with zero self-confidence, the next you're rockin' our socks off. I think this shyness is your M.O. You somehow feel, that if the ladies see you as a sensitive soul, that could cry at a Hallmark commercial or ASPCA commercial, then you're pretty alright. Then, you switch in a frenzied moment, (known only to Jekyll and Hyde), to a rock star to convert the male audience. Way to go. You've got my vote...(shhh, not really), but I do enjoy his music more now. If I can just get past his large head and tiny shoulders...






Michael, Michael, Michael...ol' receiver of the ever-coveted "judges save" has managed to stick around due to the velvety smooth, butter-rich voice that he has. Or the new moms out there have been casting their votes. Michael is the one, if you remember, whose wife gave birth to their first child while he was at Hollywood week. He chose to be there in H-wood, not with wife. His wife, he claims, insisted that he stay put in H-wood. The thing is, his overall style has been pretty much the same since week 1. Like Casey James, he has a good voice, but lacks the WOW factor for me. Like my man Simon would say, it's bordering on indulgent nonsense.




I could just stop blogging here. Because, in my humble opinion, this IS the winner of American Idol. So many factors come into play here. Let's start with the obvious, her voice. Her voice has the ability to move me to tears. Her voice has the ability to rock out and sing along with her. And her voice has the ability to sing just about any genre of music.
But why stop there? Her overall calmness is a prize in my opinion. Throughtout the whole season, she has received non-stop praise for her performances. None of that has fazed her. Really can't say that about some of the others, but for her, it's obvious, she's in it to win it. From day one, I have been hooked. Her best performance is yet to come...I just know it. And yet, every week is her best performance. She will win. If I have to commandeer every phone in the neighborhood to vote for her, then I will.
Of other notable news today: I am hungry. I brought my leftover turkey burger but no mashed potatoes, for which...I am feeling a sense of regret about.
And it smells like Pledge around my desk.

***no, I don't regret the potatoes. The burger filled me up and I even topped it off with some yogurt. But, I really wish I had some ice cream instead...oh well. Another day.



















1 comment:

  1. Rock on Crystal Bowersocks Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When do we want to start commandeering the phones sweetie. I think we should start tonight...

    ReplyDelete