Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Partly oily with a chance of blood

Today, on Oil Watch, we are listening to Coast Guard officials talk about the downfalls that have occured with the setting up of the "dome" that is supposed to contain the ever-spilling oil.  The very effervesence of this crisis is somewhat overplayed in a sense...the families of the 11 victims have been pushed aside while money hungry lawyers make room for themselves to push their cards around.  Not saying the crisis shouldn't be presented with such alarm, but I liken this to the moments of when a hurricane is coming.  Non-stop media coverage, hourly checks of where the oil is at, and having meteorologists from the Weather Channel reporting "live" from area beaches is a bit much.  Just wondering how the families that lost their loved ones are doing. 

Thankfully, in true Mobile political style, controversy has actually moved its way up in the ratings ahead of Oil Watch.  Apparently, our notorious weed-carrying, alcohol drinking, womanizing County Commissioner (C.C.) is in the news again.  This time with the probable words of MURDERER???  Who knows?  This is one story that has everyone buzzing at the lips.  Annnnddddd, conveniently, he has checked himself into the hospital for a mental breakdown.  Here is what we have so far...On Sunday, May 9th, there was a beautiful blonde woman who was found dead in her driveway from a gunshot wound to the head.  The C.C. was seen leaving her premises shortly after, driving off in his county issued truck.  According to neighbors, C.C. has been known to visit there on several occasion, sometimes days at a time.  Now, the search is on to find the truth behind this all-too-familiar scene in the political realm.  This is a scenario that has been played out before across the world. 

With C.C. in the hospital, two things are possible for the reason he is in there (well, maybe more than two, but can only think of two):
1. The deceased "possibly" committed suicide.  This traumitized C.C.  It would probably do the same for me.  If you saw the person you "love" shoot themselves, then that just might send you over the edge.

2. He killed her (or had her killed) and the guilt is so overwhelming, that he has worked himself into a major nervous breakdown.

Either way, his political career is down the toilet.  Just think, it was a mere couple of years ago that he flirted with the idea of running for mayor of Mobile.  MAYOR!  That's right.  MAYOR.  I say impeach him.

On a brighter note, here it is, 1:09 p.m. and I have YET to see any reviews of what happened on American Idol.  Since I didn't get to watch it, due to being at rehearsal, I make it a mission to avoid any feedback whatsoever about it.  I do know that Jamie Foxx was the mentor.   Should be interesting. 

Here, with another installment of random call of the day (this same type of call happens three times a week):

**ring ring**

Me: "Good morning ABC Medical, this is Susie Q."

Caller: "um, ugh, is this the XYZ Manufacturing Company?"

Me: (really wanting to say, NO.  YOU NEED TO FREAKING LISTEN.  THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID WHEN I ANSWERED THE PHONE). But really, I said..."I'm sorry, you have the wrong #."

Caller: Loud cough in my ear, then a quick hangup.

Ahhh, to be me for a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment