Friday, May 7, 2010

The power of a green shirt

So, today being Friday and all, I thought that I would choose something happy to wear (other than the usual black pants, dark shirt combo that I tend to have taken stock of in my closet). I went with a green shirt. Khaki pants. Cool greenish, bluish, ballet flats. I didn't take much notice of the fact that it was such a rare thing to see me in bright colors UNTIL...

I got to work. My residents noticed. (work for a retirement home). The outfit elicited such excitement and thumbs up approval from the ladies who were still at breakfast. "A ray of sunshine", one said. "Spring is in the air", another said. "Green is YOUR color". Hear that, it's MINE.

I leave to go to the supermarket with a couple of ladies. The cart grabbing/move crap out of the aisles/water the plants/tiny hand bearing/dude walked out and commented. "hey good looking with the great green shirt on." Hmmm...I feel GREAT.

Heading back to my office, another resident stopped to chime in on their opinion of said shirt.

All in all, I feel good.

Yesterday, during my exercise class with the residents, we noticed another resident out working in the flower garden. He was bent over digging, pulling, tugging, and yanking on some weeds. The conversation that followed reminded me that even at 85, women STILL think about "it."

Lady H: "Mr. so and so's shorts are hanging down like one of them hoodlums on the street."
Lady S: "You can see his boxers."
Lady J: "Someone needs to go and pull them up for him."
Lady H: "Oh, I know that Lady S wants to *tee hee, tee hee*
Lady S: "Oh Lady H, I am not sure if I am ready to see what Mr. so and so has under the shorts yet or not..." *Big laughter erupts in the room.*

Yeah. In other non-emergent and yet you still care news, I am craving bacon. maybe some eggs too. Yep. I feel a need for the house of waffles.  Or just whatever I can get my hands on at the moment.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment