Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Partly Oily with a Chance of Blood Version 2.0

Hi this is your anchor, Friendly Blogger Girl and you are watching (reading) Oil Watch 2010.  Since we last met, our ever-present BP workers have tried...and failed...at attempts to stop the oil that is gushing into the Gulf of Mexico.  Latest is, the Feds reject the idea of taking over for BP.  The state of Louisiana is battling with the feds over barriers to protect theit wetlands.  The sad part is seeing the pictures of the dying/dead creatures that live off the coast.  Apparently, LA is seeing the effects from the oil (that is gushing out gallons upon gallons upon gallons upon gallons a day).

On to less important, but still gripping news is, what's the deal with C.C. (County Commissioner people!)?  He was listed as the only NAMED suspect in the death of his mistress, indicted on several charges of corruption, drug use, moral terpitude, etc...and there is a chance of his being impeached (golly gee...I can only hope so).  Now, as of late, he was thrown in jail, and had a $500K bail on his ass.  Upon leaving jail, he is to where an ankle bracelet (HA!), can't have drugs/alcohol and even had to fork over his weapons of mass destruction and his passport. 

*THIS JUST IN*  The C.C. was wearing shorts when he was arrested.  Yes.  That.Was.The.TOP.STORY on our local news.  Khaki shorts.

Ever have one of those days, where, you just start out on the wrong foot?  Today, I walked into not one, but TWO spider webs, managed to stand still long enough for ants to crawl over my foot and leave their damnable red marks on me, stump my big toe on the curb, have my inner thigh get bruised by my open desk drawer....on and on it goes.

As if being pained and plagued wasn't enough, I have a song stuck in my head.  This same song has been stuck on repeat for the last two days.  I guess it could be worse...I could be the kid who was texting and riding his bike at the same time.  This proved to have disasterous results.

Oh yeah, I am about to fall asleep.  The day is droning by.  It is hot outside.  I am miserable.  I ate pizza for lunch, so I can't stop belching and farting.  I feel greasy.  My head is oily and my foot is itching. 

Since you cared enough to read this far, I will let you know this much: I will be watching the American Idol Finale tonight.  TEAM BOWERSOX!  Okay...so stay tuned for my report later on in the week.  Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment