So, I finished up my newsletter and managed to wrangle a few people to their hair appointments. But, along the way, I've managed to store away some observations and random thoughts that are all a part of how my day operates.
1. I think the butch-looking lady that periodically takes the trash out for the church behind my place of employment must hate me. Everytime I drive by and she just happens to be out there tossing her garbage (and that's not a euphomism), she gives me such a seething look, that even Marilyn Manson would cry like a little girl. To retalliate, I just smile away, maybe even wave at her, killing her with kindness. I mean, you do WORK at a church lady. Show some love.
2. I saw not one, not two, but three different people wearing sandals today with the dirtiest feet EVER piled inside. Yeah, I notice these things. While waiting for one of my hair appointment ladies, three different people walk in with the nastiest, crustiest feet around.
3. The candy dish at the salon: generally there for someone to just get a piece of candy on their way out the door, or while they wait their turn at the stylists chair, etc...One lady thought it was a buffet and would go back to grab more. Each time, it seems, she realized the long hard stares that the girl behind the desk were giving her and would apologize. I guess she was hungry :)
4. When the phone rings and there's an automated response saying "please hold for an important announcement from blah de blah." I'll hold...the phone...away...and put them on hold.
5. When there is something seriously wrong with the way junk mail is being delivered. I work at a retirement home that is basically an apartment complex. So, when each of the residents receive junk mail ads for adding a privacy fence in their backyard, they all feel the need to share a good laugh with me over that one.
6. Wishing that the Window Washers would watch their waning pants and wear a wicked tight belt. (too many W's crammed in that sentence)
And this is just the first 3 hours of my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment