Wednesday, March 2, 2011

An Ode to the Egg

*clears throat, steps up to microphone*

Ladies and Gentleman, an Ode to the Egg.  The Reese's Peanut Butter Egg.

Oh My Reese's Peanut Butter Egg, why are you tastier than thou kin?
You are my yearly sin.

You cause me to fail my diet.
Your powers from a store display cause me to buy it.

Everytime I eat you, I feel the hips getting wide
But it's okay, for your tempations, I will abide

You only come out once a year
and your departure always brings a tear

Until then, I will vow to eat as many as I can
Before you have a chance to melt in my hand.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, little Leo, you're little still
    Until, until, you lose your will
    And give into those bad, bad eggs
    And find their weight, upon your legs!

    And find their weight, upon your hips!
    And hear the sound, of a skirt that rips!
    So eat just one, give the rest to Tracie
    Then she not thee, will be fatter than J.C.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that, J.C.

    How funny we've had similar ideas. I've been working on an "Ode to Joe" (as in, cup o') for weeks now. I write a line every couple of days. Should be available by summer. LOL There's hardly a more worthy specimen, however, had I gone the chocolate route.

    ReplyDelete