Tuesday, July 27, 2010

At least the shit didn't hit the fan

Poor Kings of Leon.  Giving a concert in 100 degree weather.  Having to sweat it out while performing at a venue where hundreds have performed before.  To top it off, a little thing like poop gets in the way. Or so they say...here is the link:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/184928

You decide.  Reading comments from people who were there makes me wonder if the Kings gave it up after three songs because they were too delicate to handle the heat.  Who knows.  Who cares.  At least the shit didn't hit the fan.

So, every morning I arrive at work and pretty much follow the same routine.  Get my coffee, speak to the residents, and start my work day.  Annndddddd every day, the residents have their rituals too.  They ALL, and I am not exaggerating, they ALL read the obituaries.  WHY?  Because they wanted to make sure they weren't listed.  You laugh, but it's totally true.

Here is a moment to poke fun at my husband, but not really.  He isn't guilty of what I am about to tell you, but he does wear the product I am going to describe.  You know the ear pieces that people use in place of holding their cell phones?  You know the ones that blink that little blue light special to indicate they're on the phone?  You know, the ones that can be very incospicuous and you don't see the person wearing them????  It's that little thing that makes you think someone is talking to you but really they're talking to someone else.  Or it's that thing that at first, makes you wonder if they're crazy and talking to themselves.  They walk into the office/grocery store/hospital waiting room talking 90mph and using hand gestures and loud voice to fully showcase how important they are.  I know you are all thinking "geez, that is so totally Bob/Greg/Mitch/James from work"  I assure you, there is one in every workplace.

My first experience with said product came about 6 or 7 years ago while working at a coffee shop.  A med student (a pretentious one at that) was donning his blue light special and received a call.  He quickly hopped up out of his seat and began walking around the store to blather on to someone on the other line.  Not having personally seen one of these devices, I was frightened.  Was he moving about like a caged animal because he was crazy?  It was when he made a sharp turn to the right that I saw the little bugger in his ear.

Moving along and up the corporate ladder, I landed a job as a receptionist for an engineering company.  All of the little pricks, douchebags, engineers had one.  They would sashay into the workplace wearing their man jewelry.  Talking up a storm.  Making decisions. Moving their hands wildly as they talk.  Getting louder.  

The ear pieces look like something from Star Trek.  Just saying.  Oh well, I leave the (blue) light on for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment