Thursday, July 8, 2010

Because It's My Headache, that's WHY!

Well, not really.  Not my headache.  But someone else's.  The first thing I hear when I walk thru the door at work is one of the residents yelling (not in a mean way, but in the way you would for an almost deaf person).  She was yelling "Because it's my headache, that's why!"  Not sure what prompted this comment, but I gathered the almost deaf person getting yelled at probably offered her relief for the headache, the sufferer probably retorted something back to her along the lines of having her own remedy, the almost deaf person probably asked her why she would take such a thing, and sufferer yelled "Because it's my headache, that's why!."  I don't know...just guessing here.  And boy, that was one long sentence wasn't it?

Speaking of almost deaf person...I notice that when people talk to her, they talk to her like you would a foreign person.  LOUD.  SLOOWWWWWWW.  And nod their head as they're talking.  Using hand gestures to get their point across.

Loud Resident:  "Issssssss  Yourrrrrrrr Son, Franklinnnnnnnn, commmmminggg tooooooooo dinnnnnnnerr?" (hand gestures of one eating)

Deaf Resident: *nods head for yes*

Loud Resident: "Didddddddddd  Youuuuuuuuuu get Newwwwwwww glassessssssssss?" (hand points to eyeglasses)

Deaf Resident: *pulls glasses off, hands to Loud Resident*

Loud Resident: "No NOOOO NOOOOOOO.  I don't WANT THEMMMMM.  I was curious TO SEEEEEEE iF YOU HAD A NEW PAIR ON."

Deaf Resident: *nods head for yes*

So, tonight I have a bunch of guys coming to my house.  WHY?  Because it's my house, that's WHY.  Just kidding...it's for rehearsal purposes.  I'll go all frat boyish and provide beer and pizza.  Hell, maybe even PBR.   Nahhhh...
 LATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment