Dear Summer:
I have never "loved" you. I just wanted to confess that. Yes, yes, as a child I longed for your return, but only because I was not in school and I could sleep late. But, again, I was a child, with childlike thoughts. As I grew older, I learned the error of my ways.
You see, Summer, you're just way too hot for me to handle. Your season brings forth mosquitos, spiders, snakes, and other vile creatures that are associated with the season. I sweat. And when I see a woman in panty hose (WHY are women still wearing them?), I cringe. You know, the kind of cringe your body makes when you see a dead animal in the road, or when you see a car accident.
Is it any wonder that of all the pieces written for Vivaldi's Four Seasons, that your season is not my favorite to listen to? It starts off dreary and stays that way thru the course of the piece. I sit there and listen and just long for the next score to play, which just happens to be Fall, my favorite SEASON! Fall brings in fresh air, falling leaves, and for some, the thrill of Football season. Yes, FALL: the fabulous four letter F word!
So, in closing, dear Summer, I think you and I should part ways. I blame you for a lot of my allergies. And I blame you for my bad moods. Take your oppressive self and find some other region to bombard. I need a break.
Sincerely,
Fall's favorite friend: ME

No comments:
Post a Comment