Well boys and girls, it's that time of the week where we take a look at how the Top 7 bring it on American Idol. But before we get started, we're reminded of those that went on before them. The ones that never got enough votes. The ones that I almost forgot about, except for Pia. I could never forget you Pia.
Moving along. The theme is 21st century music. Yeah. Before each contestant performs, they show clips from what the other contestants think about the one who is about to sing.
Tonight we start off with country boy, Scotty. He opened the competition with "Swinging" or is it "Swanging"...whatever...it didn't mesh well with my already less than stellar taste in country music. It is what it is...but know this: He went first. I worry about you now Scotty. The judges actually used CRITIQUES! I couldn't believe it. It was kind of hot, use it more often. But...We'll see. I'm sure you'll be safe, you're covered in some kind of protective something or another. Teflon, maybe?
Next up was James. He sang "Uprising" and again, this wasn't my favorite of his, although he did a good job. The added touch was the drum line that marched in. Otherwise, it was good, not great. I think you're safe for another week though. I see you read my blog and didn't use the scarves as a tail for your outfit. Thanks for getting rid of that.
Haley takes the stage and sings "Rolling in the deep." I am so glad that she chose Adele, as this suited her voice. I have almost no worries about you, except for the fact that you've seen the bottom 3 on a couple of other occasions...America, she's getting better and better. Pay attention!
Jacob (dubbed by fellow Idols as the "Diva") follows this performance and sings "Dance with my father", which is undeniably a beautiful song and really meant a lot to Jacob to sing. But I must say, I get frustrated when singers this close to the end choose something not very well known. I get that he was trying to pull on our heart strings...yada yada yada.
Now we have Casey singing "Hard to Breathe" from Maroon 5. After last week's mutiny on Jimmy, we see Jimmy give him a kiss on the cheek in support of the bearded one's song choice. I have to say, yes, I am a huge fan, but tonight watching Casey was like watching karaoke or some garage band. It was like he was on stage with all of his college friends and they're trying to play some well known song they heard on TK101 (local station). At least he ended it by kissing J-Lo on the cheek. Speaking of cheeks...Steven Tyler, get that lipstick off your cheek. According to J-Lo, Casey has soft lips. Awwwww....and she liked your performance. Awwwwww. Cutesy.
I guess Ryan is a girl. He comes out on stage with a fake beard (one that the contestants were passing around during their montage of Casey). After Casey sings, Ryan wearing the beared quipped "This is what it's like to be a man" after trying to unsuccessfully pull the beard off his face.
Guess what? That dude is next. Yeah, ummm...his name is Stefano. He's dubbed a "ladies man" by his fellow Idols. He's also a big flirt, will even flirt with a piece of paper. Back to the show, he chose "Closer" by Ne-Yo (I think). ehhhh...can someone get this flirt off stage? GAHHHHH. I'm really not thrilled. J-Lo thought you had your sweat going on??? WTH? Apparently, the judges and myself don't see eye to eye. Stefano, you deserve the bottom 3! Heck, you deserve the go home. "Bye bye bye"
Finally we end with Lauren. The "talker" as dubbed by the Idols. Her ability to talk a lot usually doesn't hinder her singing voice. She sings "Born to Fly" from Sara Evans. It's country, and it's cute. It suits her, I suppose. But here's the thing...and this goes for ALL of you Idols...quit playing it safe. We're getting down to the wire. It's time to blow us all away.
Okay, bottom 3:
Stefano (who?)
Scotty (well, he was first people)
Jacob (I'm getting tired of him, sadly)
Until next time, I shall remain:
Judge Mental
No comments:
Post a Comment