Friday, August 20, 2010

Wait a minute Mr. Postman

Now that you've got that song in your head...

So Mr. Postman.  Why, OH WHY, do you feel the need to cram as much CRAP as possible into the tiny mailbox that we have here at work?  WHY do you knowingly bend and rip envelopes that is obviously not meant for distribution in a mailbox?  I mean, HELLO...my desk is right across from the mail room.  Walk your lazy butt over here and just hand me the mail.  That is what your substitutes do when you're not at work.
Whilst ranting about your negligent care of the mail, I have another gripe. For some reason, you feel the need to say "You know, when you've got a new person moving in, you should label their mailbox."  REALLY?  I've been here for almost 2 years, you see me pretty much everyday of the week.  Yet, EVERY week (usually on Fridays) you feel the need to remind me of how to do my job.  That along with a few other "suggestions" on how to do my job is really getting old. OLD.

My goodness, that was a silly little rant.

It smells like a wet dog outside.

It's Friday.  Tonight I am going to see a show at a theatre that may or may not contain nudity.  :)

But before that, I am going to a fine dinner of cheap mexican food and margaritas with my friend Susannah.  She is my hot date for the night.  The experience would only be perfect if a mariachi band were there to soothe my soul. Escuche lo mejor de la música de Mariachi!!!!

Let's do another list, shall we?  Alec, I'll take "How about a list of things I regret for $100."  I no particular order...

1. I regret the decision to not eat breakfast this morning.  Not really regret, but I chose to leave early to fill my car up with gas.  Okay, I regret that I didn't bring my cereal with me to eat.  Instead, I end up eating crackers with peanut butter.

2. Regrets letting the driver of the Buick Century out of her driveway.  Because doing so allowed her to drive slowly down the road, thus causing traffic to back up.  People behind me probably flipped me off.  People driving in the other lane probably felt sorry for us.  Or maybe they laughed at us.  Who knows?

3. I sincerely regret the decision to NOT buy that lovely purple cardigan that was on sale at Target recently for a mere $9. 

4. Why did I start a Twitter account?  I am not good at it.  I kind of regret doing so.  But, as usual, I was trying to do what all the cool kids are doing now.  *side note*  will someone explain what # in twit speak means?

5. Regrets trying to start a list of things that I regret. I regret to inform you that this is pretty much it for the regrets. 

Moving along.  So, excitement just creeped into my veins as I have come to the realization that there are not 1, not 2, but 3 consignment shops all within walking distance of work.  THREE.  I will make use of my time wisely.  Of course, not that I can really buy anything at 2 of the places because they're furniture consignment.  I can just picture myself walking down the sidewalk trying to carry a dining room set.  HA HA.  I would probably drag it behind me, like someone pulling a rickshaw.


















Except, that I wouldn't look as happy as this guy.  You know, I think I would regret the decision to try and haul something that heavy.  There should totally be this kind of service downtown, don't you think?  Late at night, when someone has had too much to drink.  Oh how fun it would be to wheel them around Dauphin Street with mad fury.  Punishing them for having that one last drink.  HA HA HA HA.  Evil.

Speaking of evil: 

Someone sent me an email today.  You know, the ones that are attached to something that say FAIL.  HA HA HA HA HA...another evvvvvullllll laugh.



















That's it for now.  I regret that I just don't have anything exciting to post today.  But it is a step above yesterday's desperate need for a post that I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment