I must really be bored. Or maybe just some things have crept up since my last post 24 hours ago. Maybe, just maybe, I really honestly felt like jump starting my weekend by posting something. OR MAYBE I'M BORED DAMN IT!!!!
Okay. The heat must be getting to me. OR MAYBE I HAVE PMS! Deal with it.
Okay. The cramps are getting to me.
So, I do my usual weekly trip to the grocery store with the residents. The same residents who are still in shock to not having "Full Service" at the pumps. I wonder if I should tell them there are no bag boys at the store...nahhhh. I'm sure they've figured it out by now.
Anyhow, one of the residents made the comment on how she doesn't like the new grocery carts they have at this store. "No one is going to like these black grocery carts. They look so cheap. The kind of thing they have at Family Dollar." That is exactly what she said. (that's what she said...HA HA HA HA.) Sorry. But I digress again.
So, the other day I had a phone call from an older gentleman who plays the accordion. He was trying to sell the idea to me to have him come and play for the residents. Giving me the run down of what his hour of playing the accordion would consist of, all I could visualize in the back of my mind was a beer fest polka type thing going on. Moving along in the conversation, he offered to send me literature of what he does for retired seniors and his bio. So I said "Sure."
Fast forward to today. I receive in the mail his play list, bio, and references. All of it was written on notebook paper. The resume was half typed and half written. Instead of using a highlighter to highlight his finer points, he underlines it with a red sharpie. Included in this "professional" looking resume was his picture. He is EXACTLY how I pictured him. Old man in tux holding his instrument. :) The best part was, after scouring pages and pages of the titles of the songs he plays, he has a cardboard backing (I guess to protect his Old Man in a Tux picture). The cardboard backing is that of a box of crackers. He cuts out the side of a box and uses that instead. BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE! I took some pictures to prove that, not only am I a little bored today, but I am amused at the line of communication this man is using.
See for yourself:






Anyone else notice that he paid me a compliment. He said I had a pleasant personality. And it shows in my telephone voice.
ReplyDelete