I have an exciting grocery list to share. This is one that a friend of mine sent to me. So thanks to my friend Lynne Hosselman for sharing.
This list is rife with errors, I tried to take a clear picture for you all to see, but it didn't quite come out the way I wanted it. But I will still make my quips. First, I will post the original list (that was sent by email to me), then I will post my edited one (that I printed out so I could edit)
Here we go:
1. "Tamatoes-Apples and Bannas" oh my.
2. Nothing says love like getting your loved one 2 packs a PEACE of cigs.
3. Grouping things together, like butter and eggs. They go together, I suppose.
4. Cakes we like. Do you mean Little Debbie? Sara Lee?
5. Another grouping of items: "POPCIKLES" and "Honeycooked ham turkey". An odd combination, no? Hey, let's learn to spell popsicles.
6. whole pickles and "STUF" to make "SPEGGGTTI." Personally, I don't like pickles on my spaghetti.
7. "HAMBERGER". Really?
8. "INSTAT" "PATATOES"
9. And a bag of "PATATOES"
10. To the right of that is, "CEDAR" Cheese. Just sounds so yummy.
11. Next, just get 2 bacon and 1 sausage. That is, if you were at Waffle House.
12. "SURGER and "COOLAID"
13. Interesting: "SPEGTTI" and meatballs. I mean, you spell it wrong one time, but then you spell it a different way the second time on the list. Tsk tsk.
14. What the heck is "MANWIETH". And you're grouping this together with "FRYS"
15. Now, the item below that can be read wrong if you're not paying attention. For instance, I thought it said "Winniesthat dog buns", but it's really "Winnies & hot dog buns". Still, let's address the issue of how you spell the word"Winnies".
16. "Pizza ROTLS" and "White Kasuls". Again with the grouping. Again with spelling items wrong.
17. Is that "not pockets" or "hot pockets"?
18. Why is it, every grocery list has the item "Hamburger meat" listed? This list does NOT contain that item. It does however have "HAMBERGER meat"
19. 3 bottles of ketchup. That's a tad excessive.
20. I am just not sure I could eat anything called "MUSTURD".
21. "BISCUTS". Wow, grouped together with gravy packs and old fashioned pepper.
22. And if you can't find the above item, then look for "Bag of BISCUT" mix. Just make sure to add water.
23. "STUF" to make taco salad.
24. Oh, and TAMATOES (presumably for the STUF for taco salad)
25. Lastly, don't forget to pick up some "CERAIL" for you and the kids.
That's it for this list. I've got a dozen more at home that I need to work on. Hey, if I missed something on this list, feel free to point it out. Also, if you have a list, email it to me, tag me in a photo on Facebook, mail it to me, or just hand it to me. Oh, and I'm changing the name of this blog.
Until next time, I shall remain,
In search of a better title for this blog.
(no, really, I am).

Why a new title? I liked "Smattering of Static." In fact, I was jealous of you for coming up with it first. :^/
ReplyDeleteOh, I don't know...I'm quite contrary today.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely hilarious! Both the list and your commentary. I think my favorite item is the "cedar cheese," but it's a pretty close call. I wonder if "manwieth" is mayonnaise.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking it was Manwich...now thinking about it. But it could be mayonaise.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely Manwitch...you know, the Sandwitch for a Real Man!
ReplyDeleteJC? Is that you?
ReplyDelete