Tuesday, December 20, 2011

ehhh, Tuesdays

Twas the Tuesday before Christmas and all through my work, not a creature was stirring, except for Mrs. M who just asked me to help put an earring in her ear.

*No need to worry, Jon Bon Jovi is not dead.. It's a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! (see my comment at the bottom)

Kim Jong II however, is dead. But hey, at least he'll see his buddies Bin Laden and Gaddafi now, roasting marshmallows by a fire in hell. 

Curious
I've seen a rise in old mattresses being left by the side of the road.  Why?  In various parts of town, including one on my commute to work.There is a mattress in the median along Old Shell Road, near the USA campus.  Been there for days.  Why?

Annoyed
Commercials on the radio that use a siren as a sound effect.  Stop that!  It makes me nervous. Do I pull over?  Slow down?  What? WHAT?  Oh, it's just the radio.  

Annoyed, part 2
Those flashy billboards.  They're only great if you're not the one driving.  Otherwise, keep your eyes on the road buddy.  But it's hard....right in my peripheral view. Make it stop!

Intrigued
The snow globe on my desk must be old because the "snow" is not white, it's got a tannish, yellowish sort of tint to it.  Hey, don't shake the yellow snow!

Stinky
The daycare behind my work is having some sewage issues apparently.  The Roto Rooter people are there and it stinks outside.  STINKS.

Funny Signs
A gas station not too far from where I work is run by someone who does not speak our language very well.  He does speak it, but with fragments of his native language mixed in. It's quite cute, actually. The reason I know this is because I need a receipt every time I fill up the work van.  Annnnnnd every time I answer "YES" to wanting a receipt, it tells me to get it from cashier,  which is this man that I'm referring to. ANNNYHOW, I did this yesterday and noticed a sign that struck me as odd: YES! WE SALE CIGARETES! (written exactly like that)

Two things struck me right off the bat: The misuse of SALE and the misspelling of cigarettes. Other than that, it's cool. In this day and age, people need to be assured of where they can pick up their smokes.

Hey!  Two days in a row with a post from me.  That's saying something.  Which means, I have work to do.

Thanks for watching.  Tune in next time when we comb over the real issues going on in the world, or just make fun of it.

*Hey Bon Jovi, I didn't know you were dead until after you confirmed you were alive! Just thought you'd like to know.  Geez.

Until next time, I shall remain:
Sleepy.  Maybe I can borrow that stray mattress...












No comments:

Post a Comment