Next day, on Tuesday, someone's fax machine kept calling my work phone. ALL DAY LONG. Kind of reminded me of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine had that same thing happen to her.
On Wednesday, the ceiling started leaking, about 5 feet from my desk. This is the sound I had to listen to for over an hour. Drip...Drip......drip.drip.drip.....drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...drip
So these 3 contractors came out to look at it. They stared at it. Then they shined a flashlight up to where the water line was at. One of the guys says "hmmm, wonder what would happen if I stuck my finger in the hole?" YEAH, my mind went there. I thought to myself that's what she said. All three of the men look perplexed and had that King of the Hill moment. You know, where Hank and his buddies are hanging out by a fence drinking beer, going "uh huh, yeah, yeaahhhh".
Today, our fire alarm panel kept beeping. This is also very near my desk. The company was in the process of replacing it. The
GAHHHHHH. Today is an ugly day. And I spilled soup on my nice white cardigan. And I now smell like soup. Bad mood ensues.
One of the contractors from one of the aforementioned problems used the restroom. He walked out of there carrying the foulest odor I've ever smelled. OH MY GOSH. What the heck did he eat for lunch? More importantly, did he have to spray the whole room with the "no name brand" Febreze-like product? Now we have a cloud of stinch and Ocean Rain. Just like that kid in the Charlie Brown comics.
Let's put a cherry on top of this Thursday. Now, I am being informed that they're going to set off the fire alarm. YES. But please sir, let me call all of my residents and wake them from their afternoon nap to alert them that an alarm will be screaming loudly up and down the halls. Such as life.
Until next time, I shall remain
Of sound mind and body, just tired of the sounds, and my body is tired.
Yay!! I miss your blogs. Speaking of your mind going there, my boss is always obliviously using phrases that are totally inappropriate. He called me a floater once. Today, this happened: He literally said to me, "I think it ought to just be a hand job." By this he meant for me to fill out a form by hand rather than trying to type it.
ReplyDeleteLook at it this way, it can't possibly get any worse! :)
ReplyDelete