Commercials. Yeah, we've all seen them. We all snicker and laugh, and make fun of them. Many of us fast forward thru them. Heck, for me, that is the ONLY reason I watch the Super Bowl. But we all have strong opinions on companies that try to flog their wares on us.
Here are the ones that stand out for me as THE.MOST.ANNOYING.COMMERCIALS.EVER.SEEN.
1. Just about every local car dealership. One in particular is a dealership that is located in Pensacola. Not sure if it is the owner or whoever in the commercial, but she sounds bored. She is obviously reading from a cue card and she is reading way too fast. In fact, she has that "I don't give a crap about these cars, I just think I look hot selling them".
2. Every laxative commerical. Every single one of them. Why? They all have women in them. Do men not experience constipation?
3. Sticking with the women's theme, or the digestive tract theme..what about Activia? All women. All having issues with going to the bathroom.
4. A local heating and a/c company. The couple in the commercial explains how they had problems with their a/c and called upon particular company to repair/service/put in new one...whatever. The lady sounds like utter white trash in the commercial. I have a southern drawl, but my goodness, this is beyond southern. It's beyond country. It's...I don't know...I hate it. It literally makes my skin crawl. UGH. (p.s. if you're just dying to know who it is, let me know, and I will tell you)
5. There was a McDonald's commercial recently. It was set in a car, where behind the wheel sat a proud, just received his license teenage boy. In the passenger seat was his over-eager and ultra annoying dad. In the back seat, was his mom and teenage sister. The scene unfolds with the family just leaving the McD's drive thru. The boy wants to eat, but alas, he can't...he's driving. But instead of pulling over or maybe even eating inside McD's, the family thought it cute to eat in front of him. AND instead of being nice about it, the dad decides to take his Big Mac and kept shoving in front of the boy's face, taunting him. Here is where I have a problem.
a. Boy just received license. He's not a very smart driver, yet.
b. Dad is showing off his lack of parenting skills in distracting the young driver
c. The mom encourages this bad behavior.
d. The end of the commercial has them all crashing down a mountainside...not really. But in my head
they do. Yeah, that would teach them.
6. Farmer's Insurance. They have cheap looking commericals.
7. The SPCA commericals. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE animals. But really, Sarah McLachlan singing a sad song isn't going to make me want to donate like..right now. It makes me mute the TV and avert my eyes.
8. "Oh yes, HE went to Jared"....BARF! GAHHHH. I hate Jared Jewelry commercials.
9. What's up with Old Navy trying to be like the show "Glee"?
10. Macy's having a Special ONE DAY ONLY SALE. Yeah, Macy's...that scheme is no longer special.
I think that's enough now. There are more. Let me hear from you, all 12 of you who actually read this.
Until Next Time, I shall remain:
Sensitive to bad commercials
Perhaps a good commercial will change your tune.
ReplyDeleteLiterally.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3I7jMT-xeI
Enjoy.
here is one I get icked out over
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZnM6FCElP8&NR=1
I ask that the TV be muted on any Geico commercial that isn't the woodchucks. "Hey, you dang woodchucks, quit chuckin' my wood!" makes me laugh every single time.
ReplyDeleteUGH! I hate the SPCA commercials! They make me cry...
ReplyDeleteHave you seen the local weight loss center commercial? Everyone screams into the camera how quickly they want to lose weight. One woman is, I think, supposed to say "Real Fast". It comes out "Ree Figh". Grates on my nerves more than you could imagine.
Speaking of bowel movements (Hah! Never thought I'd use that in a sentence!), any personal hygiene product that makes me want to stick my fingers in my ears and scream, "T.M.I! T.M.I!!!!" The old "not-so-fresh-feeling" one comes to mind. Ugh. HATE.
ReplyDeleteThe SPCA one bothers me because the first couple of animals are just giving puppy-dog eyes as far as anyone knows. You can't tell anything is wrong with them; it's just emotional manipulation. I don't fall for it when a dog does this at the supper table, and I'm not falling for it in their commercial!