Today being a Friday and all, I am happy to report that the weekend is going to be chock full of partying and revelry. The first Mardi Gras ball of the season is on Saturday night, then on Sunday is the Super Bowl. "Why Static, you actually watch the Super Bowl?" Yes my dear reader I do. Now now now, I don't know who is actually playing, but I do know there are some crazy commercials that come on and for that, I will sit and watch the game (or play on my phone or computer).
Earlier this week, everyone in the nation (or just Punxsutawney, PA) was glued to their TV sets to see if Punxsutawney Phil would see his shadow or not. This groundhog comes out of his faux tree stump and is thrust into the media spotlight, scratching his little eyes and decides the fate of spring: Will it be early or will we have to endure another 6 weeks of winter? Phil is the one who decides the weather. Phil. A groundhog. Sheesh. But, according to Phil, we will have an early spring. So the next day, it's the coldest day of the year for us in the deep south. Take that Al Gore and your global warming crisis. I mean, couldn't the same result be done with say, a stick? Or a doll? Why a groundhog? Is Punxsutawney a small town that uses this to bring in tourism dollars?
To change the subject from judging a small town to all things glorious, let's talk about Girl Scout Cookies. Yes my friends, it's that time of the year. So be a dear and get some or else....bwahahahahahah
Yeah, I thought so. I knew I would put fear in your hearts.
Until next time, I'll try to remain
full of promise and fear

No comments:
Post a Comment