Okay, the title doesn't suggest anything about what I'm about to type. Just felt it needed to be said.
So, anyone want to take a guess as to what my typing speed is? I took a typing test the other day for something or other (for a potential JOB), and in the warm up test I scored 72wpm, with 3 errors. Pretty good. The actual test (the one that really counted) was clocked in at 62 wpm with 0 errors. The goal was to get 50wpm. I surpassed that, technically. In my head, I felt dejected after seeing how high the warm up test score was. Oh well. I will leave this subject now. Just wanted to cry on your shoulders for a bit.
Oh the joys that the mailman at work brings me. He's good at giving me the one-liners as he's exiting the building. "Hey, you know it's HOT out there?" Or "Myyyyy, you sure are typing." And my favorite "I'm craving some deer meat."
Today on yet another seemingly endless venture in the Lost and Found, (but really more Found than Lost Department), I see before my very eyes a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ($$$$). The dollar signs, for those who are not in the know, is a reference to an old blog. What, you haven't read it? Yeah, I'm not surprised you're not reading them either. ANYHOW. I digress. A piece of candy is sitting there on my desk. Sitting there, waiting for me to open it. Sitting there waiting to be eaten by...whoa. Wait a minute. Not eating this. The piece of chocolate has that, umm, not so fresh look to it. You know, the faded chocolate color. Faded, as in you start seeing white on growing on it. Now, I know which resident did this (the note left behind was a real tip off), but maybe she failed to realize that after some time, that candy really does go stale.
Chalk that up to disappointment. Hey, you know, I've been sitting at my work desk for close to 3 years now, and I just now figured out how to lock my desk drawer before I leave at night. Such a quick learner.
Speaking of disappointment...I ate some apple slices earlier and felt like I had something lodged in my teeth. So I promptly pull out the dental floss, ran to the restroom, and yanked off a foot long piece of floss. I take the floss and just ever so gingerly pass thru my teeth. Much rejoicing was had when I "thought" I got what I initially came in after. But, it was all a big tease for my teeth. The irritating piece of apple has apparently glued itself to my teeth.
With that said. I will draw this post to a close.
Until next time, I shall remain
Hungry for some chocolate. Or deer meat. But this apple slice will have to do...
Hahaha! That was random. X^D
ReplyDeleteAwesomely random!
ReplyDeleteSadly ladies, all of the blogs I have posted are just random thoughts that go thru my head. Oh well...HEY Anita, I follow your blog too. And Tracie's. Thanks both of you!!
ReplyDelete