As per my job, I answer phones. And if you've been really reading my blogs, then you've no doubt seen where I've posted some crazy calls. Well, here is a new one for me. Let's see if I can script this jusssssttt the right way so you can appreciate the confusion that I just experienced:
*phone rings*
Me: Good morning XYZ Medical Company
Caller: yeah, you guys lost my paperwork or sump'n? what's up?
Me: Paperwork? Did you fill out a job application?
Caller: WHAT? NO. Wait, I wanted maintenance over here, like, on yesterday...
Me: Oh, wait, are you looking for La Blah de Blah Apartments? If so..
Caller: (interrupting me) Yes, I know who I called. Don't you know where you are?
Me: Yes, I know where I am. I work for XYZ Medical Company (thinking, I know that I said that in my usual greeting)
Caller: No, you guys called me. You must have wanted to TELL me sump'n about my work order.
**sitting here thinking...okay, I know I didn't CALL her, but she in fact called me. Now, she is saying that I just CALLED her...what to do, what to do...
Me: well, uh, you just called me and I apologize, but you have the wrong number.
Caller: YOU CALLED ME. You must have needed sump'n.
Me: I think there is a misunderstanding, why don't you try calling this number instead 999-0999.
Caller: What a joke. (uttering some choice words as she slams phone down)
Me: laughing as she hangs up. GAHHHHHH. PEOPLE.
Did that really just happen? I know took some Sudafed this morning...was it really Sudafed? Did I in fact call someone out of the blue and want to talk about "sump'n" with her? Nahhh, it's her. Totally her.
So, today is Thursday. THURSDAYYYYY. Thursday. All day long, I've been telling myself it's only Wednesday. (all day being, like since I've been up only 3.5 hours now). Anyway, I digress. I walked into work curious as to why the lawn people weren't at their assigned Wednesday job (when clearly, I did in fact see them just 24 hours ago). I also wondered why my Thursday morning appointment was waiting for me to take him to his therapy (which should have signaled that it was in fact, THURSDAY). But, no, in my usual play by the book manner, I took him to his appointment, assumed the lawn people had other lawns to mow, and moved about my business. It wasn't until I picked up the morning paper and learned that it was THURSDAY. *music BOM BOM BUMMMM*
I took Sudafed today. I swear. Today being Thursday and all. And I know where I'm at, do YOU know where you're at? It's 10:00, do you know where your lawn care people are? I don't. But, hey, it's only Thursday. I see them on Wednesdays.
No comments:
Post a Comment